Have you heard of Canva yet? Canva has been making its rounds through social media and causing a stir with its newest Kindle cover and Google+ Header design. Canva is a FREE image design tool for blog posts, social media posts, marketing materials and a lot more! Canva has many designs that have precise dimensions needed for each social media platform and other awesome designs. Canva actually has a design just for presentations.
If you haven’t taken Canva for a test run yet, then you should. It’s a fantastic graphic design tool for bloggers who want to create awesome custom photos, newsletters, buttons, and more. There are over 1,000,000 stock images for $1.00 each plus amazing free elements. Or, you can upload your own and use the design set-up. You can sign up for an account and have a graphic made and ready in under five minutes.
- Use cool photos as much as possible but make it relevant. Don’t show me a Superman photo and you’re talking about snails. That would be a bummer.
- Don’t stuff your slide. Meaning keep it simple and don’t put a ton of information on one slide.
- Remember the 3 KEYS to an awesome design – Photo/Image, Text/Content, and Watermark. I learned the hard when my designs were stolen because I did not put a watermark on it. 🙁
- Always on the last slide, place your web address or any links in the CENTER of the slide. If you place the links anywhere else, they won’t be clickable.
- Once completed, click on Link and Publish to save it as a PDF.
Here’s my tutorial completely done in Canva.
[scribd id=275615618 key=key-1HmYlIpWbSY1EwWMJ3ee mode=scroll]
Please take a moment to leave a comment below and share your thoughts and questions. Or, feel free to share what you learned from this tutorial. Thanks! 🙂
[contact-form][contact-field label=’Name’ type=’name’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Email’ type=’email’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Website’ type=’url’/][contact-field label=’Comment’ type=’textarea’ required=’1’/][/contact-form]